Submitted by: redneck-trophywife
This picture is mine, it was taken with Instagram! (And that’s my hand writing!)
Now, on to my story.
My boyfriend, now fiancé, is such a mush. We had talked about putting a ring on my finger before I left for university, but we knew that marriage is a long way off for us, since although we’re completely committed, we have a lot of student debt and what not.
So, for weeks I was searching online and dropping not-so-subtle hints about the rings I liked, and he kept telling me how stupid he thought the ones I liked were and how he thought it was silly, blah blah blah.
One day, towards the end of summer, we were looking around window shopping in the mall. Being a girl, I couldn’t help but look in the case at the jewelry store, and I saw what I thought was the perfect ring. He told me he thought it was ugly and yanked my wrist and we moved on.
However, it turns out he went back later that night to try and find the ring and it wasn’t there anymore! He was so pissed off, but of course he couldn’t tell me how upset he was because he was trying to surprise me.
So, a few days before I was leaving for school, he and I were sitting by the stream in the local garden. He was being weird and fidgety, which I mean, he’s always a little weird - but he was being EXTRA weird, like not looking me in the eye and touching his pocket over and over. So finally, I was like, “dude, what is your problem!?”
And then he just stared at me, completely dumbfounded, and then suddenly reached into his pocket and opened a ring box, and presented the ring in the picture to me and asked me if I would wear it as a promise, a pre-engagement of sorts.
I cried, of course, and people walking their dogs and small children and old people and what not looked at us, two younger lovers laughing and crying in the grass.
That was a few months ago, and this friday, November 30th, will be our anniversary. One year. One year we’ve been together, and I hope to spend a million more with him.
I know this isn’t the most exciting TMI Tuesday, but it’s my contribution <3
- jazzicamusica reblogged this from weddingringobsession
- charitarded reblogged this from weddingringobsession
- belleanne likes this
- vanillacoffee-x reblogged this from weddingringobsession
- mytumblrofsin likes this
- reinventlove002 reblogged this from weddingringobsession
- tintincharms likes this
- haveyoudreamtofmelately reblogged this from weddingringobsession
- akapeacearony likes this
- meghancronin3 likes this
- jedishepard likes this
- mich-mich-mich reblogged this from weddingringobsession
- fuzzy-puppies reblogged this from weddingringobsession
- you-and-your-denial reblogged this from home-made-constellations
- you-and-your-denial likes this
- madelinglish likes this
- mauraforese likes this
- home-made-constellations reblogged this from weddingringobsession
- thebadwolfofwinterfell likes this
- instantdrea likes this
- damarislikeparis likes this
- aimeelouisee likes this
- lacylullabies submitted this to weddingringobsession